Friday, November 22, 2013

[OpsMgr 2012] Is VMPD working on Microsoft Visio 2013 Professional ? (#VMPD #Authoring #Opsmgr )

After having forget using VMPD on my computer, I today wanted to make it working. Going on the download page show me that only Microsoft Visio Premium 2010 is supported !

What about Microsoft Visio 2013 Pro ? Hope I'll not have to downgrade my soft version !

Let's also try to launch MSI file and install VMPD on my Visio 2013. Installation is successful and I can start 'Design Management Pack in Visio'. Great !

Let's now use a template 'Application with single server role' and add the needed values like Service Name, event ID and TH and when done click on Generate MP : 
An exception occured : 


Same issue I add when using Visio 2010 an my Seven computer. Nothing has changed. too bad !

I've tried a lot of things and finally ungroup the shape and this makes VMPD able to save the MP !



Even if not supported, VMPD is also able to work on Visio Pro 2013 ! Good new !

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties.

No comments:

Post a Comment